Friday, June 14, 2013

The Importance of a Support System

Without my parents, I wouldn't have been able to survive the first few days after my injury, and my surgery.
Without my friends, I wouldn't be able to keep a smile on my face throughout this whole process.
Without my doctors and physical therapists pushing me and cheering me on, I wouldn't be able to push past the pain.
Without my dedicated AAU coach, I wouldn't be going to practices and games and cheer on my team because it would be too hard.
Without my teammates, I wouldn't be able to smile and laugh through the practices and games, or continue to learn about myself as a basketball player and about the game itself.

No matter what kind of injury, or hard event that someone goes through, they can't do it alone. Many times during this whole thing, I start to think that I am alone. But then I remember everything that all these people have done just for me. There's no benefit in helping someone who can't help others (right now at least). This kind of support system cannot be taken for granted. Not just in these freak accidents, but also in life. I didn't realize how much I needed other people until this happened, but it made me remember how much they did for me before too.

If you know someone who is struggling with something in there life, you don't even have to make some grand gesture. A call, or a text that just says something nice and supportive can get someone through a whole day.

So I'd just like to say thank you to everyone out there that have supported me and helped me in any way the past 2 months. I can honestly say, I have no idea where I would be, or in what kind of mental state I would be in, without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment