Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Dangers of Boredom

Because summer has started, I don't have anything to take up most of my day. I work on my rehab and recovery, but that only takes so long. It's only been a few days, but I'm already starting to feel the pain of boredom, and missing out on fun. I do have friends that help me out and offer to do things with me. But then starts the cycle.

What can I do?

Not much. At least, not while I'm still on crutches and a knee brace. I was planning on spending most of my days working out and playing basketball and hanging out at the beach and playing more basketball. This seems to me, to be one of the toughest mental parts of recovery. If I stay bored, I have nothing else to do, but think and become more sad and depressed.

So far, I've been able to spend some time hanging with friends at grad parties, and eating out and watching movies. But you can only do that so many times...

No comments:

Post a Comment