Recovery day 2 started very slow:
- Ankle pumps - elevating my leg, then circling and moving my ankle and foot
- Quad sets - flexing and pushing my knee down with my quad for about 5 seconds
- Heel slides - bending at the hip, bringing your leg up while bending at the knee to keep foot down)
- Straight leg raises with a quad set every time I come back down
- Straight leg raises to the outside, with my injured side facing towards the ceiling
- Straight leg raises to the inside, with my injured side against the floor, and my other leg touching the floor infront of me (inner thigh workout)
- Sitting heel slides - sitting in a chair using your other leg to help push your leg back further
- Ball squeezes - with my knees bent as far as I can sitting, the ball between my knees
- Weight shift - with my brace on, holding a counter, shifting my weight onto my injured side and back off again
- Sitting toe raises - sitting in a chair, bending my knee as much as I can comfortably, and slowly raising up to my toes and sinking back down.
Everything is horribly tough the first few times. But eventually they get easier. When I do my heel slides and bend my knee, it's stiff and sore at first - then I get to a happy middle where it actually feels really good - then I bend it extra further and that's where the pain gets tough.